Saturday, August 14, 2010

Technorati Claim in Progress and being Measured Up

Image from here.
I am actually writing this post because I need to "claim" my blog in Technorati. I'm following this guide about how to start up a website and it says there that I should add my blog to Technorati. Actually, I already have a blog in Technorati, that is, Manila Shopaholic, but then this personal blog of mine is something that I would want to start.

So, first of all, what is Technorati Authority? Well according to their website, Technorati Authority measures a site's standing & influence in the blogosphoere.

How do they calculate “Authority”?

Authority is calculated on a site's linking behavior. I think that means how many other sites link to you. Hmm. Link building. I've always heard this before but honestly, I'm still quite confused about what all of these means.

How does topical Technorati Authority Work?

It measures a blog's influence within its subject category.

What is a blogosphere?

And going back to basics. Blogosphere is made up of all blogs and their interconnections – it's a web after all. This is from Wikipedia.

My Opinion:

I'm really not sure if you can measure's one authority categorically but then I guess everything should have tangible metrics. That's what I learned when I started working. It's actually frustrating but I learned that everything should be quantifiable. You can't just say... I did well. It was great. You have to quantify it and you have to present data for things. I guess that's probably one of the reasons why I hate ratings. (I hope no one from work reads this). Hehe.

I don't like the feeling of being measured up. Sized up. Whatever you call it. I don't like the feeling of not being good enough. Because honestly, I think everyone is good enough. Maybe in their own little way. REMEMBER: God made us exactly who we are because we have our own strengths and we can't be strong in ALL aspects of life, right? And I don't think God works that way. I don't think he will ask us to quantify our life. Like how many percentage of people we have helped or how many people we have wronged.

Hmm, or does He? It's something to think about. But then, I would like to think of God as a forgiving God. I don't think He would be that harsh to us.

Code: 2YEAWNH22GAX

No comments:

Post a Comment