Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Make Plans.

That's the advice that I got for today. Hmm.. Well, it's hard for me since I ALWAYS make plans. The only thing with me is that it never happens. Actually, thinking about it, I think the reason why things never happen is that I always depend on other people. Like for instance, if I want to go on a vacation. I wait for other people to invite me to go on a vacation and then I have it. Or sometimes, I plan and then other people can't go so there goes my vacation. But what do I really want right now? Honestly? A VACATION. Hands down to that. Where? I don't know. With whom? Friends? When? Oh my. In November? PLEASE GOD. I really want a vacation on November.

The next couple of months are going to be really quite hectic for me in terms of work. Soo many things to do, soo many things to accomplish. I will just go on with the thought that I was taught back in college by my dear friend Moby Dick... "Don't think. Just do." That's the mantra that I will be living for the next couple of months. But seriously, the problem with me is that I can't focus right now on work. I have soo many things on my mind and it's all scattered up there. I have to organize it first. But tomorrow, I will really start to FOCUS on WORK ALONE. Yeah, like I always say. I hope this will really be it already. Hehe.

What else is up?

Well, I'm currently reading soo many things:
  • I am reading Eat, Pray, Love. Hopefully I finish it before the movie will be shown. I actually got inspired by the first section of the book about the mantra beads. It says there that the mantra beads are composed of 108 beads. 108 being perfectly divisible by 3. 3 being the most stable and balanced number as seen is soo many things - pyramids, the Holy Trinity, etc. 108 when the digits are added is equal to 9 which is also perfectly divisble by 3 as well. She actually divided her book into 3 parts = EAT, PRAY, LOVE. 3 different destinations. As for me, I'm still thinking of dividing this blog into 3 things as well. Definitely not EAT because I will forever be on a DIET (or trying to be). PRAY could be one and LOVE could be one part as well. Well, so what can we exchange EAT for? Can it be WORK since I plan to focus on that for next couple of months. Hmmm... still something to think about.
  • The second thing that I am reading is The Secret Daily Teachings. To which it says that I should write down 100 things that I am thankful or grateful for each day... So here goes nothing...
100 Things that I am thankful for today:
  1. Thank you for making me be able to go to the mall today to have my dad's watch fixed. Although, it was a little expensive at least it's going to be fixed.
  2. Thank you for making me be able to spend some time with my friend KD today. Eat and go lunch but still at least a break from the office world.
  3. Thank you for bringing me to this committee or group that I am more or less more familiar with. Now let the work begin.
  4. Thanks for the 1st interview that I did. Soo happy.
  5. Thanks for the 2nd interview that I did. An experience.
  6. Thanks for more time that I have to work.
  7. Thanks for a safe trip home.
  8. Thanks for time to myself.
  9. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to give a talk on Saturday and to share the little experience that I have.
  10. Thanks for downtime to write.
Soo much for 100. Well, maybe tomorrow!

Things to do tomorrow:
  1. Call my US Mailbox. I totally forgot! Busy, busy day!
Til next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment